Power to the pro.
Pros love iMac. So we created one just for you. It’s packed with the most powerful graphics and processors ever in a Mac, along with the most advanced storage, memory, and I/O — all behind a breathtaking
Retina 5K display in a sleek, all-in-one design. For everyone from photographers to video editors to 3D animators to musicians to software developers to scientists, iMac Pro is ready to turn your biggest ideas into your greatest work.
Up to 18 cores in an iMac. No, that’s not a typo.
An iMac with 4 cores is remarkable enough. But an iMac with 8, 10, 14, or 18 cores is an entirely different creature. Add Turbo Boost speeds up to 4.5GHz, and iMac Pro has the
power and flexibility to balance multicore processing with single-thread performance. With new AVX-512 vector instructions and a new cache architecture, the processor handles even more data — even more quickly. Which means you can render images,
edit up to 8K video, manipulate photos, create real-time audio effects, or compile your next five-star app — all at lightning speed.
Particle simulation? Elementary.
Billowing smoke. Torrential rain. A wheat field in the wind. With up to 18 cores and Hyper-Threading, iMac Pro lets you build and render particle systems of all kinds — static or animated, 2D
or 3D — with ease.
8-, 10-, 14-, or 18-core Xeon processor
- Turbo Boost up to 4.5GHz
- Up to 42MB cache
Vega graphics. The beast behind the beauty.
Featuring Radeon Pro Vega graphics, iMac Pro delivers the best workstation-class graphics of any Mac. The first Mac with Vega architecture features up to 16GB of High Bandwidth Memory, which helps deliver a major jump in performance — up to two
times faster than any other iMac GPU and up to three times faster than the GPU in Mac Pro. This translates to higher frame rates for VR, real-time 3D rendering, more lifelike special effects, and gameplay at max settings. It also supports both single-
and half-precision computing, so operations that don’t require a full 32 bits of precision can be performed twice as fast. How fast? Up to 22 teraflops fast.
On-package HBM2 replaces external VRAM, so the GPU can fetch data at up to 400GB/s.
Virtual reality gets real.
With the new Vega GPU, iMac Pro lets you do more than just immerse yourself in VR worlds. It lets you create them from scratch.
More memory for massive projects.
With four channels of memory, iMac Pro can accommodate up to 128GB. So you can visualize, simulate, and render huge 3D models. Create multiple test environments for cross-platform development. And keep numerous apps open at the same time. It’s all
powerful. For all the things you want to do.
Video performance artist.
iMac Pro has the bandwidth to effortlessly handle multiple streams of video. And with up to 4TB of all-flash storage, saving and loading humongous projects is all in a moment’s work.
High-performance storage. Load faster. Launch faster.
Up to 4TB of all-flash storage lets you work on large 4K and HD projects regardless of codec. And with up to 3GB/s throughput, loading huge files and launching apps is faster than ever.
T2. Enhanced integration and security.
Introducing the Apple T2 chip, our second-generation custom Mac silicon. By redesigning and integrating several controllers found in other Mac systems — like the system management controller, image signal processor, audio controller, and SSD controller
— T2 delivers new capabilities to the Mac. For instance, the T2 image signal processor works with the FaceTime HD camera to enable enhanced tone mapping, improved exposure control, and face detection–based auto exposure and auto white
balance. T2 also makes iMac Pro even more secure, thanks to a Secure Enclave coprocessor that provides the foundation for new encrypted storage and secure boot capabilities. The data on your SSD is encrypted using dedicated AES hardware with no effect
on the SSD’s performance, while keeping the Intel Xeon processor free for your compute tasks. And secure boot ensures that the lowest levels of software aren’t tampered with and that only operating system software trusted by Apple loads
Video performance artist.
Serious I/O. For serious work.
As you’d expect from a pro machine, there are plenty of high-speed ports to create a high-performance workstation. Four Thunderbolt 3 ports let you connect two 5K monitors — for 44 million pixels total — and transfer data at a blazing
40Gb/s. And there’s something you probably didn’t expect in an iMac: 10Gb Ethernet. So sharing files between desktops, or working with high-performance network storage, is up to 10 times faster.
See your work on the big screens.
Create a powerful workstation by connecting two RAID systems and two 5K displays to the four Thunderbolt 3 ports. Then see your work on a 44-million-pixel canvas.
40Gb/s Thunderbolt 3 Four Thunderbolt 3 ports. Supports USB 3.1 and DisplayPort video output over USB‑C.
Up to 44 million pixels 5K display with the option to connect two additional 5K displays.
10Gb Ethernet Also supports Nbase-T industry-standard 1Gb, 2.5Gb, and 5Gb link speeds.
Retina 5K display. Dream in a billion colors.
It almost goes without saying: If it’s an iMac, it will have a gorgeous display. And iMac Pro doesn’t disappoint. In fact, its 27-inch screen is our best ever, with 500 nits of brightness across its 14.7 million pixels. It’s as if the
sleek, all-in-one design disappears behind the stunning screen — so you can focus on your content. Along with P3 color and support for a billion colors, iMac Pro delivers spectacular, true-to-life images.
Reveal your true colors.
A billion colors on your display means every photo appears just the way it was shot, with supersmooth gradients and vastly reduced banding.
- 500 nits
- 43% brighter
- One billion colors Supports 10-bit spatial and temporal dithering.
- Reveal your true colors.
All-in-one design. More creative freedom.
iMac Pro puts the power of a workstation behind a stunning Retina 5K display, in a sleek enclosure just 5 mm wide at its edge. With your whole system powered by a single cable, your workspace stays free of clutter. It’s a beautifully efficient design
that lets you focus all your attention on what you’re creating — not what you’re creating with.
Advanced thermal management. Cool.
Packing all that performance into such a slim all-in-one design required a new approach to cooling the system. We redesigned the thermal architecture of iMac Pro with innovative dual blowers, a high-capacity heatsink, and extra venting. The result? Almost
75 percent more airflow and an 80 percent increase in system thermal capacity. Which lets iMac Pro handle 500 watts — 67 percent more power than the 27-inch iMac.
All-new speakers. Make some noise.
The enhanced stereo speakers in iMac Pro deliver broad frequency response, rich bass, and more volume. So you’ll be able to hear that crashing cymbal, multilayered effect, or sample-based sound, all with remarkable fidelity. And with four beamforming
mics, your voice is heard loud and clear over any background noise.
Accessories with a dark side.
New Space Gray accessories to match your iMac Pro — wireless, rechargeable, and beautiful. The new Magic Keyboard includes a numeric keypad, and to go with it you can choose either the Magic Mouse 2 or the Magic Trackpad 2.
- 27-inch (diagonal) Retina 5K display
- 5120‑by‑2880 resolution with support for one billion colors
- 500 nits brightness
- Wide color (P3)
- 8-Core 3.2GHz Intel Xeon W Turbo Boost up to 4.2GHz
- 19MB cache
- 10-Core 3.0GHz Intel Xeon W Turbo Boost up to 4.5GHz 23.75MB cache
- 14-Core 2.5GHz Intel Xeon W Turbo Boost up to 4.3GHz 33.25MB cache
- 18-Core 2.3GHz Intel Xeon W Turbo Boost up to 4.3GHz 42.75MB cache
- Radeon Pro Vega 56 graphics processor with 8GB of HBM2 memory
- 56 compute units
- 3584 stream processors
- 9 teraflops single precision
- 18 teraflops half precision
- Radeon Pro Vega 64 graphics processor with 16GB of HBM2 memory
- 64 compute units
- 4096 stream processors
- 11 teraflops single precision
- 22 teraflops half precision
- 32GB of 2666MHz DDR4 ECC memory Quad-channel memory controller
- 64GB of 2666MHz DDR4 ECC memory
- 128GB of 2666MHz DDR4 ECC memory
Video Support and Camera
Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display at 1 billion colors and:
- Two 5120‑by‑2880 (5K) external displays at 60Hz with support for 1 billion colors, or
- Four 3840-by-2160 (4K UHD) external displays at 60Hz with support for 1 billion colors, or
- Four 4096‑by‑2304 (4K) external displays at 60Hz with support for millions of colors
- Support for extended desktop and video mirroring modes
- Thunderbolt 3 digital video output
- Native DisplayPort output over USB-C
- Thunderbolt 2, HDMI, DVI, and VGA output supported using adapters (sold separately)
- Stereo speakers
- Four microphones
- 3.5 mm headphone jack
Connections and Expansion
- 3.5 mm headphone
- SDXC card slot
- USB 3
- Thunderbolt 3
- Nbase-T Ethernet with support for 1Gb, 2.5Gb, 5Gb, and 10Gb Ethernet using RJ‑45 connector
- SDXC card slot with support for UHS‑II
- Four USB 3 ports
- Four Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports with support for:
- DisplayPort 1.2
- Thunderbolt (up to 40 Gbps)
- USB 3.1 Gen 2 (up to 10 Gbps)
- Thunderbolt 2, HDMI, DVI, and VGA supported using adapters (sold separately)
- Space Gray Magic Keyboard with Numeric Keypad
- Space Gray Magic Mouse 2
- Optional Space Gray Magic Trackpad 2
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi wireless networking
- IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n compatible
- Bluetooth 4.2 wireless technology
Size and Weight
- Height: 20.3 inches (51.6 cm)
- Width: 25.6 inches (65.0 cm)
- Stand depth: 8 inches (20.3 cm)
- Weight: 21.5 pounds (9.7 kg)
Electrical and Operating Requirements
- Line voltage: 100–240V AC
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz, single phase
- Operating temperature: 50° to 95° F (10° to 35° C)
- Relative humidity: 5% to 95% noncondensing
- Operating altitude: tested up to 16,400 feet (5000 meters)